Professional Rug Cleaning
In order to keep an area rug looking and smelling its best, your rug should be professionally washed after 3-5 years (or whenever a deep cleaning is needed). Whether handmade or machine-made, every area rug likely suffers from ordinary wear and tear caused by foot traffic, dirt, and/or pets. One important thing to note is that while wall-to-wall carpet can be steam cleaned “on-site,” area rugs cannot be. Rugs require a much deeper, and delicate method.
A professional wet wash submerges the rug in water, and when shampooed and conditioned, allows for the breakup of all deposits created by dirt, sand, pet stains, etc. Once cleaned, all these deposits are washed away with water and completely removed from the rug. An on-site steam cleaning cannot guarantee the removal of stains or odors, and is not able to completely rinse away the dirt, the way a professional wash facility can. Additionally, if not professionally cleaned and cared for, a rug can be damaged throughout the washing process.
Our knowledge of area rugs extends far and wide. With over a decade of experience in the cleaning and repair industry we have been able to create a completely unique approach to rug washing and restoration, by combining old-world techniques with modern-day equipment. This combination allows us to achieve the best results and yield the highest customer satisfaction.
At our professional rug cleaning facility, each area rug is completely washed and restored by hand. While this hands-on method tends to takes a bit longer than others, we believe it is the best way to care for your rugs. We know that your rugs are valuable and meaningful timepieces to you, and so we make sure to always treat them as such.
Since no two rugs are equal in terms of what type, or length of cleaning is needed, we evaluate each rug upon arrival in order to create a method unique to that specific rug. We utilize a seven-stage cleaning process to ensure that each individual area rug is properly cared for and as clean as possible.
Whether you have a new machine-made rug or an antique Persian Kerman we have the necessary equipment, and experience to properly clean, and revitalize, your area rug.
Our delicate seven step process:
1. Pre-wash Inspection – Before any cleaning takes place, our experts lead a cautious inspection in order to determine the best cleaning technique(s) to use on the rug, depending upon the material that the rug is made of. Next, we analyze the state of your rug by assessing worn areas, profoundly inserted dirt, and/or other extraordinary needs. For example, if your rug may need repair.
2. Pre-washing/Dusting – Using a commercial vacuum, we are able to remove any and all large particles. Then, by using highly compressed air, we thoroughly remove all the dust particles and any debris. If these micro-particles are not removed, they can eventually wear away at the fibers in your area rug, so this is definitely an important step in the process.
Our method of rug cleaning ensures that each area rug is completely safe from dye transfers, and will remove all dirt from the rug. We apply a color stabilizing agent to the area rug to make sure all dyes are stable before the rug washing begins.
3. First Stage Wash – Next, we begin to remove any dirt, soil, or spotting by washing the rug down with water. We make sure to pay attention to the backing and fringe of each area rug, so as to ensure that every fiber receives a deep cleaning.
4. Second Stage Wash – In this stage, we apply a gentle organic, pH neutral shampoo (which is made for treating natural fibers) in order to break down all the grease and dirt in the rug. At this time we will also take care of any spots and stains. If the area rug has pet stains or pet urine, we will treat these as well. We then rinse away all shampoos and cleaning agents. The rug is then placed into a centrifuge that is able to remove any extra liquid or substance that could not be removed by hand.
(Our competitors tend to use a rug cleaning method that involves steam-cleaning extraction. This method leaves your area rug with high amounts of soap residue that will, unfortunately, attract dirt ten times quicker. This method may also shrink and damage rug fibers.)
5. Grooming and Drying – We groom every area rug by combing the pile, and the fringe, in its proper direction. Once combed, the rug is hung to dry in our on-site, climate-controlled facility. Paying attention to every rug’s construction, we evaluate the level of heat, airflow, and temperature specifically needed for each area rug. The rug will then hang dry over night.
6. Fragrance Scenting – A light fragrance is applied to the rug in order to further sanitize and freshen it. This is particularly noticeable, and delightful, to those whose rugs needed to be treated for pet urine.
7. Final Inspection – When conducting the final inspection, we make sure that the area rug is fully dried, and as clean as possible, or we will work through the entire seven-step process all over again.
Once your area rug has finished our seven-step cleaning process, we highly suggest having it protected with our Rug Guard Fiber Protectant. Rug Guard is a treatment we apply to your rug after cleaning, to protect your area rug from stains, and extend the time frame between now and your next cleaning. To learn more about our Rug Guard Fiber Protectant, click here or contact us.
Why Choose Refined Rug Restoration?
Refined Rug Restoration is your one stop shop for all your area rug cleaning and repair needs.
For more information, or a FREE estimate, please feel free to contact us here or at:
(714) 465-5377 | firstname.lastname@example.org